Monday, June 24, 2013

Less traumatic awakening

This morning was by far less traumatic upon awakening. Still, I woke abruptly, shaky.

It also took a lot less time to calm down and become functional. And I did  not get sick like I have been. I did have another weird dream. It's quite unusual for me to dream three nights in a row, there are not nightmares, which could explain some anxiety upon waking.  Still no event to explain the episodes. I hate that even more, I think. Knowing something is coming and not knowing what or just how bad it will be is enough to make you crazy. I just want whatever it is to take its shot and lets get it over with.

Thanks to Susan, who goes through this also. She says it is sometimes a week before she knows what is happening but until this blog did not realize that her attacks were related to events to follow. As in my own case, anxiety meds are not working.


I also have a friend who only has panic attacks if she sleeps past eleven in the morning. As with me, it is summer and schedules are all kinds of messed up. I have been getting up after eleven for days with kids up til all hours of the night. ;)
It is only if she sleeps past eleven am, not matter what time she goes to bed. It is my opinion, as Behavioral Science major that this could be psychological guilt. Even though there is nothing wrong with sleeping until eleven, perhaps her sub conscience feels guilty, which I discussed with her in more detail. However, it could be something else entirely.
Anyone with any experience in this area, please let me know.

I want to thank you guys for reading, thanks for the emails.
As suggested, and I want noted, I did listen to some meditation before bed last night. Could that be why the attack was much milder? I can't say  for sure but I will be doing it again tonight.


I will report back to you all tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. You should google psychic panic attacks. It sounds like what you are experiencing. These attacks occur when you are being attacked by the energy of someone else. It wouldn't explain that something negative happens following your attacks though. It might offer more insight though. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not believe in psychic abilities and think you are just having panic attacks that lots of people have. Its just a coincidence that something bad seems to happen. You just need stronger medication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon...I will certainly check it out. I am so appreciative of your help. That is why I started this blog. I knew there would be people who could help me with this.

    Aretha...I never believed in these things either, until they started happening to me.

    ReplyDelete